Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of the some toothpastes which are very abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with room-temperature water.
- Dentures will warp if placed in hot water and will lose their proper fit in your mouth.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn, chipped or missing teeth. Poorly maintained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water and a denture-cleaning tablet to prevent them from drying out.
- Only Dr. Simonsky is qualified to adjust or tighten your denture.. Please do not try do this yourself. Without special tools and training, it is quite easy to break or damage your denture.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly .
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for adjustments, additions as needed and for new dentures if yours are older than 5 years.